Cargill Ferrous International (CFI)
Cargill Ferrous International beginnings date back to 1832, when C. Tennant, Sons & Co established as merchandiser of various commodities.
1972 – Cargill acquires C. Tennant, Sons & Co as wholly owned subsidiary.
1986 – subsidiary became department of Cargill and was renamed Cargill Ferrous International to signify its focus on strictly steel related products.
Volume 10+ million net tons
Sales $2.5 billion
Employees 360 worldwide
Countries 19 global offices
Mfg. Locations 7
Today CFI manages risk in international steel markets through a world-wide presence linking high quality steel mills with consumption markets around the world. Products include:
- Semi-Finished Products (Slabs, Billets)
- Raw Materials (Pig Iron, Hot Briquetted
- Iron, Direct Reduced Iron)
Iron Ore (Fines, Lump, Pellet)
- Flat Roll Products (Hot & Cold Rolled, Coated Sheet, Hot Rolled Plate)
- Long Products (Wire, Rod, Rebar)