The global market for language learning has never been stronger. Globally, it is estimated that people spend around $80billion a year on learning language, with English being the most dominant language. Digital learning is growing steadily with two digit CAGRs, with many educational institutions and governments mandating that children start learning English as early as in primary school. Kaplan International Colleges’ E-learning department is developing a broad range of traditional and technology-based learning tools for language learners of all age groups. One of the key projects is Picaro, an online learning platform that helps children from 4-9 learn English as a second language in a new and engaging way. Picaro is based on a unique partnership: The product is jointly supported by entertainment experts from Fox International Channel’s BabyTV, University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations and Kaplan International Colleges. Picaro offers a first-of-its kind unique mix of high quality, standardised learning content delivered in a games-based virtual world environment. www.picaroworld.com
Kaplan International is now hiring for a go-to-market consultancy project to support Business Development and Strategic Alliances for its e-learning product Picaro. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to shape international go-to-market strategy in a dynamic and driven start-up environment with the backing of established companies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in liaising with and negotiating and closing deals with distributors, public and private institutions and corporate customers.
Initially, the focus will be on follow up of existing leads and partnerships in five key territories and support the negotiation of mutually beneficial agreements. In a next step, the candidate will research and design strategic market entry plans for additional territories.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
• Maximise the benefit derived from existing relationships with key partners by collaborating on commercial opportunities
• Become part of the e-learning development and commercial team whilst taking a key lead position in implementing and shaping partner strategy
• Negotiate, close and execute agreements with partners
• Execute growth plan, engage in and enable management of existing partners
• Management and growth of the future alliances pipeline, source relevant new organisations and partners and design strategic go-to-market plans for key territories
• Managing full partner relationship cycle from initial lead to closure and implementation of agreement
• Manage internal stakeholders and engage them as needed
• Consult on services and solutions needed, provide feedback into product development
• Leverage existing leads and internal network at Kaplan and Fox
• Respond to enquiries from prospective customers and put together proposals and tenders
• Produce regular reports on development opportunities