Microsoft envisions a cloud-empowered world. A world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness and more sky’s-the-limit thinking. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers deeply care about. At Microsoft we know this mission would be impossible without incredible, passionate and talented people. We want every employee to contribute their unique skills, discover their passions, and chart a course that makes a difference. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We take pride and live the Microsoft Values every day.
Collaborating with Microsoft’s corporate customers, a Commercial Executive is empowered to close Volume Licensing deals and continually seek out revenue growth opportunities. They work in close partnership with sales teams to develop strategies for increasing revenue and improving customer satisfaction by accelerating technology solutions to meet customer needs.
Success is measured on sales goals as well as execution metrics that ensure on-time and quality customer deals. Building relationships with the sales teams is key as the Commercial Executive will provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in complex licensing scenarios. Being a strong decision maker will be key, as this role is the escalation point for any requirements to discount deals or adjusting customer contract terms & conditions. Our most successful Commercial Executives are always open to learning, collaborating and being customer obsessed to ensure customer success.
Agree on the best commercial Volume Licensing deal through definition & negotiation of the commercial terms
Manage any discounting or changes to Volume Licensing customer contractual terms.
Work though and with various sellers, both internally and externally to Microsoft such as channel partners, tele-sales teams, Microsoft account teams, other technical solution sellers in order to achieve revenue targets.
Manage key stakeholders to meet critical deadlines.
Land on time Volume Licensing revenue by overseeing the deals through the negotiation to processing & invoice.
Create and manage Licensing Plan for the assigned accounts.
Share best practices and strategies with internal teams (product groups, field sales force, leadership).
· Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict.
· Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners.
· Comfortable speaking at all organisational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams.
· Able to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex.
· Strategic, long-term thinker able to analyse data to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
· Team player and collaborative – high performing individualists will not be successful.
· In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential but not required at hiring.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred.
· Proven sales and negotiation experience is desirable.
· Field of Study: Business, Management, IT, Commercial Sales.
· Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations.