Over 108,000. That’s how many US patients our oncology products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
The Associate Director, Regional Account Manager-Central will primarily be responsible for delivering “competitive” market access for NPC Oncology portfolio products by executing on brand strategies with targeted regional payers, IDNs and select Medical Group Practices. This person will be responsi-ble for complete business ownership: primary owner of senior partner relationships and crea-tion/execution of account business plans for assigned accounts to include delivery of compelling
product value propositions, providing customer programming and negotiating contracts with designated Accounts. In addition, the Associate Director, Regional Account Management will establish NPC Oncology as the business partner of choice with assigned key accounts and support the customer- centric approach across business franchises. This person will lead and integrate account plans with NPC Oncology field colleagues to develop and implement selling tactics that align with geographic objectives. Lastly, this person will collaborate with Strategic Market Access – PS&A and Franchises to build value driven initiatives with target customers. This is a field based/remote position, which covers Michigan and Indiana. It will require over 50% overnight travel
• Own assigned Key Accounts; develop product specific and portfolio strategies in line with goals and customer needs; align Account strategy with other key Sales, Marketing, Patient Access, Medical and Managed Care functions and ensures cross-functional resources and support.
• Delivers the Account plans and required financial results for own Key Accounts; works effectively with colleagues in other functions (e.g. Primary Care and Specialty Sales, Marketing) to achieve account sales.
• Responsible for contract optimization, access and reimbursement across the specific customer groups that are relevant to the role or business unit.
• Leads negotiations, contracting, pull-through and formulary management with assigned Key Accounts
• Crafts and implements programs designed to build long-term relationships with accounts, based on deep understanding of the customer organization, structure, business strategy and priorities. Builds and sustains long-term customer partnerships with assigned Key Accounts, based on deep understanding of the customer organization, structure, business strategy and priorities.
• Leads cross-functional account teams and other assigned resources to develop and deliver account business plans. Acts as mentor to other Key Account Managers by sharing standard methodologies on contracting, Account plan development and execution and knowledge of product/disease states, customer segments, and healthcare environment and regulations.
• Communicates customer insights and account-related activities to internal partners, and engages with them to pursue business opportunities within assigned accounts.
• Plays a key role in negotiations at the regional level and provide strategic inputs and support to the team
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or other advanced degree in health outcomes and or public health are preferred
• Minimum of 4 years as ASM/DM (Area Sales Manager/District Manager) including direct interactions with strategic accounts required, with Oncology pharmaceutical market experience preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of prior experience as an account manager and/or experience in managed markets/market access within a pharmaceutical company or managed care organization in the payer (public/ private), IDN, GPO, and / or specialty pharmacy market preferred
• Experience working with executive management within provider groups, payers and IDN’s is preferred
• Proven leadership skills with strong business, analytical acumen and track record to establish and cultivate key customer relationships
What you’ll receive:
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long-term incentive (LTI) for select levels, health insurance, 25 days annual leave and flexible working arrangements
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.