This position is responsible for ensuring that all payroll related items within the union contracts are being adhered to and that deductions and contributions are being remitted in a timely manner; research and resolution of all Labor Relations items along with assisting with data pulls for union negotiations; identify and implement process improvements to streamline union processes.
- Download monthly union reporting, analyze, research, resolve out-of-balance issues, and remit reports and payments in a timely manner.
- Evaluate, determine, and process union setups, withdrawals, and changes.
- Work closely with Labor Relations to determine payroll changes from newly ratified. contracts, submit system changes, and test new rates/calculations to ensure compliance
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities to streamline and add efficiencies to the union processes.
- Perform ad hoc union projects for Labor Relations in order to assist with negotiations and/or National Labor Relations Board reporting.
- 3 years Payroll experience
- Focus on union processing, payments, and issue resolution
- Strong understanding of collective bargaining agreement processes
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, V-lookups, H-lookups, macros
- Demonstrated ability to work with Labor Relations and Union groups to ensure compliance with union contracts
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle high volume of work in a deadline driven environment and prioritize work
- Work experience with large employer with more than 20,000 employees
- Shared Services environment
- Experience with SAP
- CPP Certification