Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
At our Global headquarters located in Downtown Boston, we are looking for a FINANCE MANAGER to join the North America Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with strong professional accomplishments to join one of the most iconic global consumer brands in the world.
As the Finance Manager for our North America Direct to-Consumer Stores business you will be a key member of the NA Stores leadership team, represent Converse’s key consumer focused initiatives and strategic priorities and be responsible for managing the overall financial performance of the Stores business. Stores plays a unique role for Converse in fostering unbreakable relationships with our consumers and members while ensuring a clean and profitable marketplace.
- Lead monthly forecast, annual budget, and long-term strategic planning processes for the NA Direct-to-Consumer Stores business
- Monitor monthly progress against KPI’s and communicate results through monthly reporting, R&O analysis, and quarterly business reviews
- Partner across the business to identify opportunities that drive sales and maximize margin
- Perform data-driven analysis to edit or amplify the fleet and manage ongoing capital intensive real-estate investments
- Provide Senior Management with recommendations and input on financial and key performance metrics that optimize short term goals and support strategic initiatives
- Standardize and improve processes and share best practices that drive sustainable improvements and actionable results
- Help stand up a new fleet of Concept doors that will connect and engage our Consumers across our physical retail portfolio
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity and be responsible for the integrity of the financial statements and compliance with US GAAP.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, or a closely related field (MBA preferred)
- 6+ years’ experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and or budgeting preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced, innovative Retail or consumer products business with understanding of KPI's a plus
- Experience in investment banking, management consulting, or financial planning and analysis at a large corporation is a plus
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational CPG company or vertical retailer is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and prioritize within a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills and experience working with complex financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex topics and concepts to a non-financial audience
- Ability to coordinate the activities of cross-functional teams, provide project management support and work collaboratively within a large organization
- Superior written and oral presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and present to senior management
- Proven strong financial analysis skills; technical corporate finance, accounting, and valuation skills
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP, Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, and other analytical software preferred
- Curious and self-motivated, dedicated to improving one’s self and the organization
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.