There are various laws and regulations which apply to data protection and data privacy. Perhaps the strongest one is the European legislation put in place on May 25, 2018.
This law, called Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to protect the data of all EU citizens, giving them more control and more security over what data is captured, how it is stored, most importantly, how it is shared, and who ultimately owns it. Now, as business is more and more global, this new regulation goes beyond the European borders since every company that works with personal data of EU individuals will have to abide by this new law (or risk a very hefty fine).
MBA-Exchange.com is compliant with the new legislation, as it elevates the data privacy and data security in the industry. We are committed to the new law which is aligned with our values.
Note that we never relied on advertising as a revenue stream so we have no necessity to collect and process users' personal information beyond what is required for the functioning of our Service.
What did MBA-Exchange.com do to be GDPR compliant?
We geared up to be GDPR compliant:
- We identified the Personally Identifiable Information throughout the use of our Service
- We made all our registration forms GDPR-compliant
- We now explicitly ask our members for authorisation regarding each type of email we may send them in the future
- We have elevated the security of our members' data
- We reviewed all our processes to give more visibility and transparency on what data we collect and how it is used
- We reviewed third parties with whom we disclose data (such as a user's name when entering an online meeting that runs on an external platform)
- We have raised awareness and training our team regarding the importance of data privacy
- We now allow all our users to export their data, anytime, with a simple click
- We have put in place an automatic delete account rule after 2 years of inactivity
Got any questions? Reach out (Webmaster(at)MBA-Exchange.com) and we would be happy to help.