2019 H1B Sponsorship Report Selected Employers
This article is based off of our 2019 H1B Sponsorship Report. You can find more details on specific sponsorships or other information pertaining to the H1B, including our comprehensive H1B database, on our website in the International section.
This article focuses on the 2019 H1B Sponsorship Report Selected Employersy.
Our five selected employers for 2019 are Google, Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Cognizant and Bank of America. All of these employers have increased the number of business related H1B visas they applied for in 2019 compared to the previous year and they are all in the top ten on our list of most business related H1Bs applied for in 2019. What separates them from other employers near the top of our list is that they have also had consistent growth over the past few years with regards to the number of business related H1Bs for which they have applied. Here are some of the figures which we obtained from our analysis:
- Google has increased the number of business related H1Bs it has applied for by over 400% since 2017. It wasn’t even in the top ten last year and now holds 4th place.
- Goldman Sachs has increased the number of business related H1Bs it has applied for by about 90% since 2017. Goldman Sachs has also consistently been in the top ten on our list for the past five consecutive years.
- Amazon has increased the number of business related H1Bs it has applied for by around 235% since 2016.
- Cognizant has increased the number of business related H1Bs it has applied for by around 110% since 2017.
- Bank of America has increased the number of business related H1Bs it has applied for by around 215% since 2017.
Out of our selected employers, New York and California are by far the most popular locations, both making four appearances in the most popular states, with New York having slightly more applications overall between the two.
A quick glance shows that Bank of America had the highest average salary from the group, with Cognizant having the lowest. This, however, could be more of an indication of what states they operate in, as Cognizant was the only one of our selected employers that didn’t have New York as one of their top states, as well as having only a modest amount of applications for California. Cognizant is also the most spread out in regards to what states it applied in as well as the number of applications made in each of those states.
Our report is divided into four sections : USA Overview, Popular States, Popular Functional Areas and Selected Employers. For each section we provided the most up to date and relevant information to make sure you are as informed as possible to better enable you to make the best decisions for your career.
Check out our full 2019 H1B Sponsorship Report and search our vast database to find out all you need to know about the H1B.