H1B Sponsorship and our Selected Employers*
* Selected Employers: For our report, we decided to choose and further analyze the activity of 5 popular employers among MBAs.
Who are the H1B sponsors in the USA? Where are the sponsored jobs, for what roles? This is what we explored in our H1B Sponsorship 2017 Business Profiles Report. Within our International Section, you can search and filter 52,089 H1B sponsorships for business profiles, filter by state, functional area, job title, and employer name.
This article focuses on the H1B Sponsorship and our Selected Employers.
Our 5 selected employers are: Accenture, Amazon, The Boston Consulting Group, Google, and Siemens.
For each employer, we have compared the number of filed applications for Business Profiles compared to the total filed applications. Here are the results:
- 7% of Accenture's filed applications were for Business Profiles (396 our of 5,573 total filed applications).
- 26% for Amazon (1,065 out of 4,017 total filed applications).
- 84% for The Boston Consulting Group (278 out of 329 total filed applications).
- 5% for Google (251 out of 4,706 total filed applications).
- 14% for Siemens (54 out of 383 total filed applications).
Concerning the top job titles for these companies, the majority of the average salary is located in the $100K - $150K range per year. One job title clearly stands out from the others: President, Laboratory Diagnostics at Siemens with an average salary of $284K per year. The job title with the most filed application (160) is Senior Product Manager at Amazon which has an average salary of $114K per year.
Out of the 5 selected employers, Amazon and Siemens are the only ones that don't count California as one of their top location. For Siemens, the top locations are Florida, Texas, and Washington. For Amazon, the top locations are Washington, New Jersey, and Texas. Amazon has filed 859 applications in Washington, which makes it the state that has received the most applications among the other 4 selected employers.
Overall, the average salary of the top functional areas for each employer is located in the $50K - $100K range. However, there are a few average salaries in the range above ($100K - $150K), and 3 stand out from the others:
- Computer and Information Systems Managers at Google: $153K per year.
- Computer and Information Systems Managers at Accenture: $170K per year.
- Sales Managers at Accenture: $197K per year.
From this, we can notice that the same functional area has disparities in the average salary per year depending on the company.
About our H1B Sponsorship Report:
In our H1B Sponsorship 2017 Business Profiles Report, we have examined the US Department of Laborís data to come up with an analysis that solely focuses on Business Profiles, excluding all the data that would not be relevant to MBAs and Masters.
Our report is divided in four sections: USA Overview, Popular States, Popular Functional Areas, and Selected Employers. For all the different sections, we analyzed the data and came up with the most relevant information a business student needs to know (top job titles, top locations, salary ranges, top employers etc.)
Check out our full H1B Sponsorship 2017 Business Profiles Report to find all the information you need to know about H1B Sponsorship.