Venture Capital Investment Competition
April 09, 2021
VCIC is NOT a business plan competition! It is an entirely unique event in which MBA students emulate the life of VCs. The "VCIC Experience"" is a WIN-WIN-WIN convergence of three elite groups: top MBA students, visionary entrepreneurs and successful VCs, each of whom has much to learn from the others.
VCIC 2021 is a go, moving to a virtual format that will remain much the same as years past
MBAs + Startups + VCs = VCIC
Global VCIC is the world’s largest venture capital competition among top MBA students from 70+ prestigious business schools.
Due Diligence (20 pts):
- How well did the team cover what you consider the key issues/questions?
- How did the team seem to understand the business opportunity and strategy?
To what level was the team able to establish appropriate rapport with the entrepreneur?
- How appropriately did the team lead/contol the meeting?
- How well did the team dig into the right issues?
- How skilled was the team at getting information?
- To what level did the team appropriately demonstrate their value as a VC firm to the entrepreneur?
- How well did the team demonstrate an understanding of the financial requirements of this deal?
- How well did the group appear to work together as a team?
Partner Meeting (20 pts):
- demonstrated VC knowledge
- adequately explained deal
- addressed key issues
- confident and convincing
- all members contributed
Investment Decision (10 pts):
- reasons to invest
- reasons not to invest
- overall decision
Terms (10 pts):
- investment size
- fund fit
- option pool
- dividends, board structure, liquidation preferences, anti-dilution, dates and other terms
2015 winner: Georgetown McDonough
2nd place: Washington Foster
3rd place: Chicago Booth