Wharton MBA Buyout Case Competition
March 24, 2023
The Wharton MBA Buyout Competition is the premier, global MBA-level leveraged buyout case competition, bringing together teams from leading business schools worldwide.
The Wharton Private Equity & Venture Capital Club is pleased to formally announce our 21st Annual Wharton MBA Buyout Case Competition. The Wharton MBA Buyout Competition is the premier, global MBA-level leveraged buyout case competition, bringing together teams from leading business schools worldwide.
The competition will provide students with the opportunity to:
- Simulate a PE professionalís work in deal evaluation
- Network with judges that are industry professionals
- Mingle with students from top MBA programs
- Compete for large cash prizes and media exposure
- 3-5 MBA students
- At least one individual with prior Private Equity experience is recommended
Detailed competition format:
- Registered teams will be given ten days to analyze a case and craft a recommendation presentation once the case is released.
- The Preliminary Round will consist of a 20-minute presentation to a panel of judges, followed by five to ten minutes of questions.
- The final round will be comprised of a compressed presentation and a longer question and answer session.
2/24: Deadline for payment and registration
3/3: Registered teams will receive casae
3/13: Case presentation and materials due
3/22: Team invited to final presentation notification with the event Zoom Link