MBA Impact Investing Network & Training (MIINT)
April 01, 2020
The MBA Impact Investing Network & Training (MIINT) is an experiential lab designed to give students at business and graduate schools a hands-on education in impact investing.
The MIINT aims to:
- Train the next generation of impact investors to “think like an impact investor” providing them with the opportunity to source, diligence, and present early stage impact investment ideas to an expert judging committee.
- Build meaningful links between innovative mission-driven companies and leading business and graduate schools.
- Create a vibrant network of students and practitioners active in the impact investing field.
Impact investments generate both financial returns and a positive, social and/or environmental impact, aka the "double or triple bottom line." The sector is growing rapidly and student interest in this topic is tremendous.
The creation of the MIINT program in 2011 was driven by student interest at Harvard and Wharton, and today we are on 31 of the top business and graduate school campuses in North America and Europe.
Benefits of participating
- Schools can offer students a hands-on opportunity to learn how to be an impact investor, as a complement to your on-campus programs
- Students learn first-hand how to be an impact investor - through sourcing, conducting due diligence on, and presenting a selected impact investing opportunity, for the chance to win an investment in your selected company from third-party, independent investors
- Students connect with a wide network of like-minded students, advisors, industry professionals and leaders, all seeking to make social change through sustainable investing
The program culminates in a final presentation, where each school presents one company to the MIINT Investment Committee (IC) for the chance to win an up to $50,000 investment in their company as part of an existing seed round.
MIINT is an initiative of Bridges Ventures‘ advisory arm, Bridges Impact+, and is conducted in partnership with the Wharton Social Impact Initiative.Our sponsor include Apax Foundation, Liquidnet, Impact Engine, Mission Throttle and New Venture Fund.