BBVA Open Talent
July 10, 2018
BBVA Open Talent is launching its tenth edition of the biggest fintech competition in the world, which has already served as a platform for startups from over 80 countries in previous years. We are looking for the most innovative solutions to transform the financial sector and we want you to join us on our quest.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to innovate, to connect with new initiatives, to find new ways of taking on the future challenges facing the financial sector, and to discover the fintech solutions with the most disruptive potential in the financial services industry. We want to find the best business ideas to revolutionise the way people and companies manage their data and their money.
As part of the tenth anniversary, we will be awarding three prizes:
- FINTECH FOR Future: A prize of €50,000 goes to the solution that shows the most potential for transforming the financial industry in the next ten years.
- FINTECH FOR People: A prize of €50,000 goes to the solution that has the biggest impact on people financial lives.
- FINTECH FOR Business: A prize of €50,000 goes to the best solution for helping companies to be more efficient, effective, and secure.
The three winning startups will take away the following prizes:
- Monetary prize: €150,000 in prizes.
- BBVA evaluation: All the startups will undergo an in-depth evaluation by BBVA employees.
- Immersion Week: Visit the BBVA offices in Madrid and have meetings with BBVA executives.
- Road Show: Networking, access to events, exposure and visibility.
- Network with investors: The chance to network with investors at different events, including the grand finale that will take place at the BBVA Open Summit.
Steps to joining BBVA Open Talent:
- Registration: Fill out the form to sign up to the competition before May 3rd.
- Evaluation: BBVA experts will analyse all participants.
- Shortlisting: BBVA will choose the most disruptive and promising proposals.
- BBVA Open Summit Final: Startups, BBVA executives, investors, and fintech experts will all come together at this great event to meet the finalists.
- Announcement of winners: You will finally know if you have been chosen as one of the lucky winners!
- Startups incorporated from the 1st January 2012, onwards.
- Startups with a turnover of up to €3 million in 2017.
- FinTech or FinTech-related startups.
- Startups that at least have a demo or beta prototype.