Up to Us
March 23, 2018
Up to Us is a program that empowers students to educate peers on our long-term national debt, how it could affect their economic opportunities, and what our generation can do to have a voice in raising awareness of our fiscal challenges!
Through the annual competition, select teams from colleges and universities nation-wide receive training and funds to run tailored campus campaigns to educate their peers and inspire collective action! Prizes include $10,000 and paid trips to world-class conferences, among others.
What are the benefits of joining the Competition?
Continue the movement! By joining this cohort of emerging leaders, you can help shape the economic future our generation will ultimately inherit. Up to Us offers you the opportunity to be the voice of your generation and to create a meaningful impact on your campus community.
- Access to leadership and project management training through live trainings and at your fingertips through our Crew2030 platform means you can develop your skills when, where, and how you want!
- High impact events like our nation-wide My Two Cents Day, paired with opportunities to flex your creative arm through a custom "Wildcard" event, make executing an impactful campus campaign easier and more exciting than ever.
- Unparalleled access to thought-leaders in public policy, fiscal policy, social entrepreneurship, and more, as well as an opportunity to meet your peers and fellow emerging leaders.
- Enhanced prizes give you the chance to earn resume-building experiences and opportunities, access to cash prized, and so much more.
What is the time commitment?
Time commitment is minimal and flexible based on the impact you are hoping to create. While the time per week does change by participant/team, successful competitors should look to commit 2-4 hours a week for the duration of the competition.
- Now-January 16: Confirm your participation in Campus Competition
- January 16-March 21: Receive weekly leadership and campaign management training
- February 9-11: Attend the Up to Us Conference in the San Francisco Bay Area
- February 15: Host your My Two Cents Day!
- February 16-March 22: Host your Wildcard Activity
- March 23: Final Report due
- April 2018: Top teams announced
How will campaigns be judged?
Student campaigns will be judged by competition organizers and a diverse panel. Campaigns will be scored on a variety of criteria including the success of key campaign activities and the creativity and vision behind those activities.
2016 - 2017 Winner: Jackson State University