Why a MBA / Leadership Development Program (vs. direct hire)?
1. Flexibility to work in different functions (For example Sales, Supply chain & Finance etc) within the short duration of the program.
2. Work in diverse teams in different countries
3. Exposure to the live challenging projects and higher management within the company
4. Develop leadership skills early in your career through leadership trainings and mentorship programs
What are the key advantages / disadvantages of being on a MBA / Leadership Development Program?
1. Option to choose your work function of interest
2. Opportunity to fast track your career through leadership training and management exposure
3. Opportunity to work in diverse cohort of talented individuals globally
1. Business need of the company can sometimes influence your rotations within the program and you don't have an option to choose your desired work function and country of rotation
How does the MBA / Leadership Development Program fit in your career goals?
Before my MBA I worked in engineering and operations management so I wanted to move out of this career line after my MBA. This program gave me an opportunity to work in different functions such as Procurement and Marketing in different countries thus giving me exposure to my areas of work interest in future.
How strongly did you weight the location of the program?
I did weigh the location of the program quiet strongly. I wanted to start my rotation in companys HQ located in Amsterdam therefore I opted for a Dutch employment contract.
What to look for in a MBA / Leadership Development Program?
1. Transparent communication
2. Structure of the program
Can you summarize the recruiting process you went through and how look it took?
1. Numerical, Logical and Verbal Reasoning test
2. Face to Face HR Interview
3. 1 complete day of an Assessment Centre
What were the required skillsets and prior experience and how were they evaluated (behavioral interviews, case studies, assessment center, panel interview, etc)?
1. Analytical skills via Numerical, Logical and Verbal Reasoning test
2. Akzos FTMP 1 day assessment center comprises of behavioral interviews, case studies , group discussions and role playing exercises
What advice and tips can you share with those interested in MBA Development Programs?
Understand the structure of the program to know who are your stakeholders and make sure you have transparent communication with all your stakeholders involved.