Leading Futures - ESADE Case Competition and Conference
We are pleased to announce that we are featuring a new competition: "Leading Futures" - ESADE Case Competition and Conference.
Leading Futures is a conference and case competition for top MBA students from around Europe. It is an annual, student-led, case competition and conference held at the ESADE campus in Barcelona. The 2017 event will take place on November 23 - 24. Leading Futures is composed of two separate events: The case competition and the conference.
- The case competition participants will be asked to create a brand-new FinTech venture for Banco Sabadell's innovation hub, InnoCells. While many will apply only 6 teams will be invited to come to Barcelona to attend a 5 hour marathon of workshops with Google, Business Models Inc and InnoCells to fine tune their new venture idea. The next day, they will pitch their final solutions in front of a panel of industry experts, during the Leading Futures conference.
- The conference is open to all MBA students curious about innovation and venture building. The day event will consist of workshops, keynotes, panel discussions and networking opportunities. With a focus on “How to build digital ventures,” conference goers will have the opportunity to attend workshops with Google, Business Models Inc, and InnoCells, on Design Thinking and Business Model Design, as well as hear established FinTech entrepreneurs talk about their experience. The day finishes with a networking event, during which students will have a chance to interact with the event partners and companies will get to meet new talent.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, of you want to build up your innovation skills, or if you’re interested in how FinTech is disrupting traditional banking, this event is for you. To participate, students have to register as a team (3-5 MBA members per team) and submit a pitch deck, presenting a new digital venture for InnoCells. The winners will be announced at the end of the conference. Prize money totaling €2500 will be shared between 1st and 2nd place. Teams that are not selected for the final stage of the competition can purchase tickets separately to the Leading Futures Conference on Nov. 24th.
The Competition Time Line
The competition starts as soon as you register and is guided by the following dates:
- Now - Register a team of 3 to 5 students. The registration fee is €150 per team. Once registered, the case will be sent to you within 24th
- October 23rd - Deadline to register and receive the case
- October 29th at 11:59pm - Final day to submit your Investment Pitch (12 slides MAX - all inclusive)
- November 6th - Six finalists team are announced
- November 23rd - Finalist work closely with InnoCells and Partners to finalize their pitches during workshops
- November 23rd at 11:59pm - Finalist submit their final pitch deck
- November 24th - Your big day! The final presentations during the Leading Futures conference.
Need more information? Please click here to access the competition’s website. More details about the competition can also be found in our competitions section.