Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Global Marketing Product Manager. The Global Marketing Product Manager is commercially focused representing both business and customer needs globally to set direction for and execution of marketing strategies. Manage the lifecycle of and drive marketing strategies for Abbott’s intravascular imaging portfolio comprising of disposables, software and hardware.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1) Achieve Global product line sales and margin by driving execution of global marketing plan, tracking actuals vs. target and other key metrics, and adjusting tactics as needed to achieve targets.
2) Develop marketing plan for product lines with analysis and insights, including strategies and specific tactics and resources to drive growth opportunities and address key risks. Review and provide guidance on global pricing strategies. Develop comprehensive global channel marketing efforts and requirements in managing development of promotional media in collaboration with regional stakeholders.
3) Lead product launches. Develop go-to market strategy and tactical plans and gain alignment with leadership and internal regional stakeholders. Organize information in a logical concise manner. Create positioning to drive adoption and to differentiate the product from the competition.
4) Develop messaging and sales tools (literature, brochures, website, and all media), training materials, and field sales and customer communications to support sales and the customer and address any product line issues. Assess value, plan, and coordinate presence at key industry meetings. Develop global sales educational/promotional pieces as appropriate: Initiate/manage/implement publications/ competitive comparisons to support business strategy as appropriate.
5) Assess product line performance in sales, margins, demand, and brand perception. Identify trends and risks, understand trends driving demand in top regions, communicate to the appropriate internal stakeholders changes and key assumptions. Work with cross functional teams including Finance and Demand Planning. Conduct formal market research. Understand questions that need answering, clearly and objectively define an objective around those questions. Anticipate the potential outcomes and know what you will do with this information, communicate objective. Evaluate market research results and recommend actions.
6) Build relationships with key customers, thought leaders, trade associations, and industry players to facilitate sales and increase positive visibility and adoption of Abbott products.
7) Project Management: Manages the marketing aspects of projects involving cross functional groups.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelors Degree with at least 4-6 years related experience, with at least one year experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years related experience.
Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions.
Willingness to travel within U.S. and internationally
Product management experience in medical products or services preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.