PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
To ensure the delivery of sustainable and profitable retail market share and growth by operating within the parameters of the Global Retail framework:
-Meeting or exceeding agreed net sales and profitability targets
-Leading by example on the development of a trading and service culture within the retail back office [RBO] and field teams
-Motivating and inspiring the field and retail back office [RBO] teams to meet or exceed commercial goals and KPI's,
and build Brand equity
-Supporting the Retail Director, Senior Manager and peer groups to deliver a world class retail business
-Implementing, driving and ensuring compliance with agreed Global Retail Store expectations, processes and standards for field and RBO operations
-Developing and executing local retail relevant and specific processes in close cooperation with the Global Retail
-Inspirationally lead retail stores to a world class position by focusing on the 5 P's: People, Product, Premises, Processes and Profit.
-Coach and develop Retail District Managers to ensure high quality Multi-Store Management performance and to
build a talent pool for higher Operations roles.
-Ensure a leading shopping experience and continuously maximise profitability from the store portfolio, in conjunction with key stakeholders, including the Retail Director, Senior Manager and Retail colleagues.
-Manage and control operational expenses [OPEX] in line with the retail budget.
-Make recommendations to the Retail Director and Senior Manager on commercial opportunities by analysing retail KPI's and local retail trends and needs.
-Create and drive a high performance culture by setting clear expectations and targets [using the SHINE process] analysing stores' performance, holding Retail District Managers accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback.
-Adhere to Global standards for all Store Operations, visual merchandising, SHINE and other store related activities, and monitor/evaluate established processes to guarantee stores' full compliance.
-Identify and communicate Market needs and best practices.
- Implement all functional components of the adidas Group retail business model [logistics, IT, reporting, staff deployment planning, SHINE and adidas Group Retail University] in partnership with the respective functions and in line with Global Retail standards.
- Drive compliance with all Global Retail standards, taking Market requirements into account, unless legally
prohibited from doing so.
Objectives & Targets:
- Direct operations of Retail business activities to ensure current and future plans of the organization are met.
- Oversee and direct activities of Retail and store managers in the achievement of business objectives
-Set-up own retail implementation from stores selection, staff recruitment, own retail processes [front office- back office]
and tools. -Develop procedures, policies and controls to assist in the achievement of acceptable profit situations
throughout the Retail network.
- Development of back to business operational plans and delivery of contingency plans where necessary
-Supervise daily production where appropriate to optimize resource use, minimize costs and maintain quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis as appropriate.
-Develop and review marketing plans and opportunities to promote the adidas brand and products.
-Supervise the preparation of new store business forecasts, budgets and reports on aspects of profitability, capital
expenditure and operation performance where appropriate.
-Participate in group business planning and monitor results and policies of competitive organizations when preparing
future plans and strategies.
- Manage key retail related research programs and use the results to develop performance supporting projects for the markets
-Track and benchmark [internally & externally] the markets performance, identify areas in need of support and develop
projects with the markets to improve performance
Budget & Expenses:
- Monitor revenue and expenditure in the retail stores/outlets to ensure attainment of profit objectives.
- Review the performance of those in areas of responsibility [ongoing and PEP"s).
- Contribute retail operations expertise to internal and external retailtraining program development
- Internal: Retail District Managers, Retail Field Teams, Human Resources, Retail Biz Planning, Retail Merchandising, Brand, Sales, Finance, Global Sales Strategy & Excellence
- External: Department Stores, Landlords, Suppliers, Vendors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicating with Others
- Manage relationships and diversity
- Planning and Organizing
- Analysis and problem solving
- Learning and self-development
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
-Minimum 8-10 years of experience in managing directly operated retail network with leading consumer goods/retail company.
-Exposure to other retail disciplines is essential- especially merchandising.
-Degree level minimum [preferably MBA or related- business degree)
-Excellent written and spoken English