Pricing and risk selection have always been among Admiral’s key strengths, and as the insurance market is rapidly evolving, we keep looking for innovative ways to stay ahead of the curve!
The International Pricing Department provides strategic advice and support to Pricing and Analytics departments across the Group in order to accelerate the profitable growth of our International operations.
We help launch new products, implement new technologies, and research new data sources. Our Analytics function focuses on new machine learning and data science techniques to augment our traditional Pricing expertise.
The ideal International Pricing Manager (IPM) is a self-starter with both analytical and leadership abilities, someone who combines logical and creative thinking to identify new opportunities and solve complex problems.
Following a period of specialized training, you will work on strategic assignments which will give you an opportunity to make a real impact: by leading cross-country projects or deep-diving into country-specific challenges you will help drive growth and profitability in our global business.
You’ll develop the analytical and managerial skills you’ll need to excel, while building an understanding of our business across the globe. You will also get a high degree of exposure to senior management across the group.
Future Career Progression
The IPM role serves as a training program for future senior leadership roles, within the pricing functions or in the wider business. It’s a high-profile role, suitable for talented people with a long-term focus on building a career within Admiral.
Past IPM’s include the CEO of our US Insurance Operation, and the Head of our new Travel Insurance venture in the UK.
The fast growth of our international companies, as well as our expansion into new product lines, will create exciting new career opportunities for the future; successful IPM’s are well positioned to take advantage of these opportunities.
• Identifying new opportunities and leading strategic pricing or analytics projects in the UK and overseas
• Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers across different Group companies
• Managing and collaborating with a team of international analysts and data scientists
• Assessing the usefulness of external data sources and managing partnerships with data vendors
• Analysing our pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management
• The role is based in our headquarters in Cardiff, but requires traveling to international operations for short visits or longer assignments, and may eventually result in permanent relocation to one of our international offices