Amcor Inc. is seeking a Product Manager within its Polymer & Additive Division to assume responsibility for profitable growth of a high potential portfolio of select existing Amcor product additives which cater to billion dollar markets while also coordinating new product development activities. He/she will lead and drive the development and execution of short and long-term strategies for assigned product lines by working closely with the commercial and functional teams.
The role is based at the company’s HQ campus in Thomson, GA (Augusta area) and reports to the National Sales Director of the division. This position is a career development position whereby the cross-functional nature enables the candidate to gain a solid understanding of the company and based on success in the role can lead to other leadership / strategic project management role at this rapidly evolving company. It’s best suited for a high energy, hands-on self-starter who wants to have an impact by delivering results in an entrepreneurial environment.
* The primary mission is to assume direct responsibility to manage a high potential portfolio of select existing Amcor product additives by:
- becoming the internal market segment expert within these product lines by collecting market intelligence, conducting customer and competitor analysis to understand the commercial landscape and market trends,
- assessing opportunities for existing products from financial, commercial and tactical perspectives and identifying market requirements for potential new products,
- examining and developing commercial product strategies to maximize profitable growth including outlining business cases for investment consideration,
- driving the most promising solutions to market by implementing tactical plans and solutions for the relevant products,
- assuming responsibility for growth and profit of the assigned product lines: managing pricing and strategic quotes / forecasting / inventory / product rationalization / cost optimization, providing sales team with effective tools / training / resources,
- providing a level of support to the sales organization and customers on technical product and application questions.
* Manage new product projects by coordinating activities between R&D, sales, and other functions in support of company’s strategic goals. Assists with product requirements determination, team management, time-integrated project planning, business and scenario planning etc. towards successful new product launches.
* Closely collaborate and communicate with sales and functional teams towards reaching business goals.
* Assist in the development of Amcor marketing initiatives including creation of product materials.
* Maintain and develop product and technical knowledge in the plastics industry.
* Contribute to the overall team effort and other duties may be assigned.
Amcor Inc. offers a competitive base salary and residual incentive compensation along with benefits such as company car, laptop, cell phone, complete health insurance and 401K w/ company match. All applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the US. For potential consideration, please apply today with your resume in MS Word or pdf format. EOE. No phone calls please.