Term: Starting May/June 2021
Commitment: This is a full-time position operating on a four-day workweek
Location: Clarkston, GA (greater Atlanta area)
About Better Earth
Our products are designed to meet the most demanding sustainability requirements at the highest quality and best price. But we don’t stop there. Driven by our three core pillars: sustainability, innovation and experience, we work diligently to catalyze environmental initiatives across our supply chain and educate stakeholders about how we can close the loop on our products and bolster the circular economy.
Our mission is to be “purists” that do not waiver from our responsibilities as environmental stewards first. By providing on-the-job training, a fun work environment and opportunities for growth, we invest in the people that make this mission possible.
We love creative thinkers who feel comfortable bringing their whole self, voice and perspective to work each day and don’t feel afraid to poke holes. To this end, over three-quarters of Better Earth’s corporate team are women or people from underrepresented populations.
We operate in a fast-paced environment, which means we need team players that are comfortable rolling up their sleeves, speaking up, asking questions, innovating, building process, pivoting when necessary, and love learning.
(PS: We also love goofy jokes, cooking, gardening, the outdoors, work-life balance, and big ideas.)
The Clarkston Division Manager position is dynamic, and you often need to wear many hats. You will be focusing on big picture strategy of the print division one moment and in the next you will be monitoring the details of sales, logistics analytics, supply chain efficiency, print fulfillment and inventory control. 90% of your role will be spent in business operations and the remaining 10% will focus on product quality assurance.
- Collaborate with senior management to analyze Clarkston performance against KPIs and strategize to develop and realize short-term and long-term goals for the Clarkston facility
- Lead and supervise custom print manufacturing operation and oversee inbound/outbound distribution
- Manage raw material and supplies for manufacturing and distribution
- Responsible for safety, quality, and performance of each shift
- Aggregate and analyze logistics data from our domestic carriers to recommend best shipping practices for the print division
- Supervise plant engineer to oversee preventative maintenance program of the custom print line and associated equipment
- Occasionally be able to lift up to 30 lbs and help around the facility as needed
- Forecast demand on a rolling basis and collaborate with the supply chain team to make recommendations on Clarkston inventory levels and safety stock
- Analyze and report production and fulfillment data monthly
- Analyze and refine our pricing model to assess financial impact and the profitability of the print division
- Manipulate sales data in excel or other software to convey key insights for reports requested
- Continuously look for ways to improve and automate transactional business processes
Quality Control Responsibilities
- Oversee QC testing for existing products and new product development
- Investigate and troubleshoot QC complaints from end users
- Create and present lab reports
- Must be comfortable learning how to use various lab equipment such as a lab scale pulp thermoformer
- Identify opportunities for QC improvements
- Maintain and update database of QC test reports and SOPs