Driving and managing innovation/renovation and productivity projects while assuring product superiority and business alignment. Innovation and productivity projects are critical for Danone North America achieving year over year goals. Projects are large in scope covering multiple processes, business lines and products. The candidate will work with cross functional teams and business partners to ensure projects are successfully executed and delivered on time and within budget. This position can be based in either Broomfield, CO or White Plains, NY.
The individual in this role will:
* Manage cross-functional teams ensuring project teams have sufficient skills and experience to meet the objectives in a complex environment (high number of projects interacting together)
* Be accountable for project timelines, financials, action plans and risks of the projects
* Organize, report, and communicate critical project information to executive management
* Identify and propose best practices and improvement to the project management process
* Interact with many global Danone organizations (i.e. Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Quality and R&I)
* Be autonomous in managing decisions and be accountable for timely project delivery
* This individual will lead Innovation projects to support the growth of the Business Unit and the overall Danone North America growth objectives. The number of projects and types of projects to manage will depend on the size and complexity of each project in addition to the business needs.
* For each of these projects the Project Manager is accountable for all the activities through their team to meet the deliverables of the project (product characteristics, cost, savings, time of launch, quality, delivery to the customers, etc.).
* For each project the Project Manager will develop and propose a solution on how to execute in the most efficient way while meeting the business need. The proposed solution will include recommendation on team members needed, a detailed timeline with critical path and a risk analysis, a detailed financial tool, and presentations for each stage gate. The steps to achieve this will be based on the GOOSE (Stage Gate) methodology for project management.
* The Project Manager, with their cross functional team, must be proactive in identifying issues and/or risks and escalating them to the appropriate level when required. The portfolio of projects to manage will be determined by management.
* The Project manager will lead the team to an on-time launch while working with supply chain to manage material waste while fulfilling all customer orders.
* On a certain subset of the Projects this Project manager will be also be responsible for:
* Create models to provide financial insights enabling business leaders to evaluate new business opportunities and/or changing business paradigms in an efficient way
* Update and provide monthly evolution reports of financial KPIs for total portfolio of Productivity projects
* Assist in preparing materials for senior management on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
* Continuously work to streamline and automate processes for all US Business Units
* Analyze variances vs. plan and explain the key business drivers
* Independently lead project work packages, when required (e.g. material transition planning, obsolescence minimization, master data coordination)
The base compensation range for this position is $xx,xxx-xx,xx0 commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
Education and Experience (Requirements):
* Four-year undergraduate degree in engineer, business or other relevant discipline required
* One to three years of PM experience in fast moving consumer goods company in similar conditions (high number or projects interacting together, managing big projects, in a fast pace rhythm)
* MS Project proficient
* PMP certification a plus
* Prior experience in a food manufacturing setting a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Proven track record of delivering results and displaying the leadership competencies and values of the organization. These include:
* Taking charge and ability to lead
* Ability to navigate unknowns
* Manage change, and influence (influence without authority)
* Effective communicator
* Business acumen and political savvy
* Highly organized and multi-tasker
* Functional skills with ability to go deep into details (work in macro and micro)
* Has successfully led projects or had a significant contribution to the success of projects as a participant beyond their area of functional responsibility in a highly dynamic, challenging and constantly changing environment
* Understanding and ability to articulate the roles of each function in a product/package project and ability to get them working together in the most efficient manner
* Understanding of the interdependence of every decision and action taken in each function of the project on the overall project and be able to use judgment to challenge them
* Detail oriented, create detailed timelines and action plans for projects
* Must have good presentation skills and be able to synthesize project details into a concise, impactful summary adapted to the audience (from EC to project team)
* Strong computer proficiency MS office (including Project)
* Must be able to make decisions, explain why, without having (black/white) clarity - ability to navigate in the grey
* Must be able to work and succeed in a highly complex environment - many suppliers, many productions sites, complex logistics, high number of parallel projects impacting the same projects
* Ability to travel up to 25%
At Danone North America, you'll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You'll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn't just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We're proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://wxx.xxx.xxx/xxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxx/xxxxxxx.xxf
Danone requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Please note that employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations. Danone can change company protocols at any time depending on local, state, and federal regulations.