Title: Director – Commercial Finance
Location: Hudson Yards
Division: Consumer Products Division
Reports to: VP Commercial Finance
Help us fuel the Most Beautiful Brands in the World. Join our CPD Finance Team as the Divisional Finance Controller for Food Class of Trade, Broker, Distributor and Rite Aid Accounts
If you are strategic, collaborative, detailed oriented and enjoy a fast paced environment, a career in L’Oreal Finance is for you! Our careers offer opportunity for movement across functions, divisions, as well as potential for both domestic and international relocation.
This specific role as the Director, Commercial Finance is responsible for leading the P&L management and financial strategy across the division. The role will partner closely with Sales leadership on the planning and analysis of everything from Trade fuel, Media, Capex and e-Commerce, through Profit of this channel.
- Accountable for all stages of the divisional financial controlling and adherence to L’Oreal internal group rules.
- Support trade & media budget planning
- Monitor actual spending v. forecast, Issue monthly executive trade spend reports
- Lead Financial term negotiation with customer
- Develop Omni-Channel financial strategy for division
- Collaborate with Sales partners to manage JBP
- Implement and improve current financial controls on customer and trade fuel management.
- Review current pricing and promotional spend mechanisms on customer with divisional leads to ensure that adherence to Group norms
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure healthy levels of stock in trade
- Develop and implement long term customer–focused and financially responsible Omni Channel strategy with cross functional business partners
- Develop and Lead financial negotiation of annual customer Joint Business Plan (JBP)
- Lead management and compliance of trade fuel spend within division trade fuel management system (APEX)
- Monitor health of balance sheet and manage corrective action as required
- Ensure compliance to group norms
- Support Sales Customer Team Leads in delivering brand objectives and work across multifunctional support team to effectively deliver customer needs
- Educate team members on financial acumen
- Develop and Deliver full CPD Customer P&L Budget
- Upskill and develop Finance talent
Qualifications and Experience:
- MBA Preferred
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in progressively challenging roles
- P&L Management
- Project management experience
- Strong systems knowledge
- CPG experience is a plus
- Strong computer skills required; must have expert-level experience with Excel and Word.
- Financial reporting experience and use of COGNOS, SAP, Hyperion, or similar systems.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
- People management experience preferred
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect (i.e. leads team in a demanding yet fair way), develops others and enriches team dynamics (i.e. transforms work pressure into constructive energy for action and mobilizes the team towards a shared vision)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality (i.e. challenges and controls the quality of the team’s work), builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. takes actions to create value and contain costs) and develops a vision
- Innovates – Shows curiosity (i.e. looks for trends and events in various domains), imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. fosters a climate of mutual trust that empowers people to bring daring proposals)
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements) and makes decisions (i.e. involves key stakeholders in the decision making process)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively and actively networks (i.e. leads and adds value to transversal projects)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.