Job Number xxxxxxx4
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location W Ibiza, Carrer Ricardo Curtoys Gotarredona, 37, Santa Eulalia del Rio, Baleares, Spain VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The W Ibiza is located in Santa Eulalia, which is a short drive from Ibiza city's popular high-end entertainment zone. Santa Eulalia is a charming town with various new upper-upscale hotels opening in recent years. The hotel offers 162 rooms and suites and feature extensive F&B facilities with a signature restaurant, all day café with direct access from the boulevard, W Lounge, Wetdeck, Beach Club and Rooftop Bar, as ell as Away Spa.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities for social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Tripadvisor, Youtube, etc, while helping to pull-through overarching strategy and implementing tactics within those aforementioned social media channels. Work with Hotel Operations to understand key satisfaction drivers, help address problem experience and contribute to solutions that will enhance the hotel's reputation in social media channels. Manage active and engaged communities around a defined topic or topics by creating and executing long-lead editorial calendars, monitoring online conversations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility, customer satisfaction, engagement and advocacy. The goal is to establish a positive online presence for the hotel(s) by integrating property-specific and brand messaging in a compelling way for participants as well as provide measurement of the impact to the hotel's overall business.
Education and Experience
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related professional area; 4 years' experience in Marketing Communications and Social Media.
* 4-year Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related professional area; 2 years' experiencein Digital Marketing Communications and Social Media.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Social Media
* Controls day-to-day activities of select social media channels; manage and update all social presences of the hotel or outlets.
* Monitors overall social media listening; creates alerts through guestVoice, and other social tools (Google, Facebook, HootSuite,).
* Manages active and engaged communities around a defined topics; performs social media canvasing and lead generation.
* Meets with GM and Dept. heads for appropriate messaging needs/ responses to Guest Reviews (TripAdvisor, OTAs).
* Monitors community feedback in real-time, drives daily engagement with public interaction for the hotel's official social presences (FB, Twitter, etc).
* Create and maintain long-lead editorial content calendars (supporting the Brand's Social Playbook guidelines), for the hotel and applicable outlets.
* Develops unique hotel and destination content (posts, photos, videos, infographics, etc); sources and leverages quality User Generated Content in social amplification efforts and ensure usage rights for all materials.
* Verifies Brand positioning and voice is fully adhered and activated at the property level.
* Maintain current knowledge of all Marriott Social Media Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance.
* Produces written communication with internal and external customers requiring a high level of professionalism and attention to detail.
Building and Maintaining Relationships
* Identifies local social influencers (bloggers, columnists, etc) and submits hotel content for consideration.
* Create and implement contest, sweepstakes, and other user engagement tactics.
* Partner with Hotel Dept. heads, Marketing and eCommerce Managers to proactively review, define and align social marketing pull-thru for next 60-90 days.
* Supervise and coach associates who have been nominated as social media champions for their departments.
Developing Social Media Strategy
* Establishes long-range objectives for hotel's online presence and specifies the strategies and actions necessary to achieve them.
* Incorporates Social Strategy into the property marketing plans in support of the hotel's sales strategy.
* Ensure corporate, cluster and/or regional marketing programs are pulled through at the property level.
* Proactively coordinates social amplification efforts submitting content to Corporate and Regional pages when applicable (with local CVBs, local partnerships, promotional opportunities, etc).
* Manages and coordinates paid social media marketing campaigns, and partners with external agencies to execute media campaigns.
* Monitors industry trends, tools and applications to stay current.
* Produce and distribute monthly analytics report, share key drivers of positive or negative trends, and track progress on KPIs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels