Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC) team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. You will help our managed customers (SMC-Corporate) across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the technology industry, you will help customers get to the cloud across Microsoft solution areas like Modern Workplace, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, and Data and AI. The SMC-Corporate team has different roles that work together in an orchestrated manner and are located in our Digital Sales centers and local subsidiaries.
Microsoft is seeking a manager with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join us as the Sales Manager to lead our business. As the Sales Manager, you will manage a team of highly talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. Your team consist of highly capable salespeople that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities are to engage with customers at the CxO level and ITDM level, orchestrate with other specialists and technical specialists to drive new business with SMC-Corporate clients.
- Build, motivate and mentor a high functioning sales and specialist team to lead and drive sales conversations; hire new sellers
- Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team targets by generating sales pipeline, accelerating active opportunities and driving to close.
- Lead team to actively engage accounts to drive usage, consumption, up-sell, and cross-sell based on strategic plans and needs
- Assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management
- Lead team members through example. Lead and coach team members through strong coaching of their customer sales engagement, prospecting, renewals, and solution plays.
- Coach teams to excel at opportunity and management, to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly, and quarterly engagements.
- Coach team members in modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers. Coach team members in the usage of state-of-the-art Digital tools to plan, prospect and engage customers.
- Report on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends, and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
- Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity, and accuracy
- Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Digital Account Executives, Technical Specialists and other through direct engagement and through engagement with other managers in SMC-Corporate.
- Help sellers to scale through co-selling with partners to provide the best solution to address customer needs.
- Improve sales and technical competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
- Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required. 4-year degree required.
- MBA strongly desired
- Very strong technology related sales or business development experience
- Sales management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams. Familiarity with modern sales techniques and digital selling tools preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email, videoconferencing and face to face meeting.
- Superior leadership skills with the ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers to improve
- Experience, background, and confidence to initiate and drive business strategy discussions with C-level executives and business decision makers around industry drivers and workloads
- Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close, engage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success
- General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual systems, processes, products, and services quickly and accurately
- Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
- Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world