Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world. Microsoft Finance’s vision is focused on how business partnership leads to outcomes and how we drive impact.
Would you like to be part of Microsoft’s Finance team driving the company’s strategic environmental and social (ESG) investment initiatives? The team partners with senior leadership and teams across Microsoft on strategic initiatives including Affordable Housing, Climate Innovation Fund, Racial Injustice, and Environmental Sustainability.
If you are a highly-motivated, analytical, results-driven finance professional with great communication, intellectual curiosity, cross-functional agility, team player, and a passion for Microsoft’s impact investing initiatives, this is the job for you. This high visibility and impact role offers the opportunity to stretch your skills at the highest levels of the company. The role reports to Director of Impact Investing.
The Impact Investments Director will drive and partner with several stakeholders including CELA, Corporate Accounting, Tax, and Treasury as well as interfacing frequently with top financial firms, consultants, real estate developers, and companies.
- Develop program objectives, source & analyze investment opportunities, and execute transactions & hedges for Microsoft’s ESG, Affordable Housing, Climate Innovation Fund, and Racial Injustice impact investments
- Provide investment guidance and expertise across teams throughout the investment process including structuring, negotiating, assessing & quantifying risks, and executing
- Direct and/or perform market/investment analysis & research and develop deep understanding of key drivers impacting deal economics
- Work across functions, organizations, and external parties to ensure alignment and coordination for smooth and efficient execution of transactions
- Engage with key internal and external partners which includes portfolio companies and investments as well as other industry organizations
- Develop reporting for initiatives and the preparation of executive level and external presentation materials across team and partners
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business AND 10+ years experience with background in treasury, finance, banking, or accounting
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree or a Master of Sciences (M.S.) Degree in Finance
- OR equivalent experience.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Strong investment, analytical, and financial modeling skills and experience are key for success in this role
- Ability to lead wide-variety of investment transactions end-to-end
- Exceptional ability to create clarity, collaborate, be inclusive and curious learner
- Strong ability to simplify complex information and written/verbal communication skills for all audience levels