Are you motivated by the goal to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
Are you excited by the opportunity to demonstrate impact through supplier and resource optimization to drive business enablement?
Does the thought of fostering inclusive growth through supplier diversity as well as effecting Microsoft’s sustainability goals excite you?
Then Microsoft Procurement, an organization that embraces culture and inclusion and that strives to achieve business and company-wide priorities, is the place for you.
Microsoft Procurement group is responsible for ensuring that the billions of dollars of indirect goods and services sourced from suppliers is conducted in an innovative, compliant, cost effective, and socially responsible way that stakeholder expectations. This is achieved by how Microsoft Procurement partners with all Microsoft businesses to develop and execute the best supplier strategy that supports their business strategy. Within Microsoft Procurement there are four primary functions - Sourcing, Business Engagement, Supplier Management and Central Services; Procurement Engagement Manager falls within the Engagement function.
We are looking for future business leaders to join our Engagement function, leading a Procurement partnership with business stakeholders within our Greater China Region (China, Hong Kong and Taiwan). Procurement Engagement Manager has responsibility to engage with business stakeholders , to identify and share business opportunities, challenge existing supplier relationships and secure agreement on initiatives and ability to provide clear status overviews and report on initiative impact and results. The success of the Procurement Engagement Manager is dependent upon building effective relationships with senior internal stakeholders and suppliers and be considered as a trusted advisor
- Managing / influencing indirect procurement spend of GCR & supports stakeholder procurement requests for purchasing through engagement and leveraging workflow process where applicable to support business requirements; manages the resolution of escalations.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with business stakeholders including senior executives in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Transform stakeholders into partners and generate new business opportunities.
- Responsible for driving early business engagement across complex requirements/ consolidations across multiple teams to influence supplier strategy, solutions for business requirements and running Rfx, if required
- Identify the supplier ecosystem and program strategies that deliver effective supplier solution while considering risk, overall supplier mixes and opportunities to invest in innovative or diverse supplier capabilities; execute the procurement annual plan.
- Conduct monthly and /or quarterly business reviews with business leaders including sharing key highlights and identified opportunities for execution in assigned areas aligned to Procurement Plan and uber priorities.
- Develop and deliver relevant data driven analyses to identify opportunities across a broad range of Procurement solutions for Teams in GCR.
- Deliver key procurement metrics on savings, supplier diversity, sustainability, managed supplier usage.
- Advocate and guide the business towards adherence to corporate and procurement policies as relates to engaging with suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with Procurement policies and processes especially for high-risk areas & adhere to timely execution of Corporate compliance related programs.
- Provide guidance to Hong Kong and Taiwan employees on procurement policies and processes and maintain procurement ethics. Deliver information sessions on changing guidelines and processes that impact their interaction with suppliers or procurement processes.
- Works closely with Controls and Compliance team in Hong Kong and Taiwan to ensure adherence to policies, create awareness for stakeholders and suppliers on policy & process compliance, work with cross functional team to identify any gaps / or mitigate risk, if any
- Bachelor’s Degree and or MBA Degree; minimum of 5 years of related experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, supplier management, finance, experience in managing indirect procurement spends In-depth understanding of procurement processes (planning, stakeholder engagement, sourcing, contracting, negotiation, compliance etc.).
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment and virtual team. Demonstrated team working ability and leverage resources within the organization. Strong cross group collaboration, interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused, responsive and action oriented, displaying urgency as required to meet business needs
- Strong communication skills (orally and writing skills). Chinese and English language proficient.
- Good judgment in resolving issues; proactively seek solutions to upcoming issues and offer insights and ideas for new, more efficient ways to complete tasks; the ability to work independently or with a group to achieve results; prioritize own work and resources; and a high degree of flexibility, accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to implement and monitor programs/projects and schedules with strong program management skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to build confidence with key business stakeholders in their ability to understand their needs and execute value-added Procurement Management activities.
- Data driven mindset with the ability to embed data insights with storytelling.
- Strong ethical standards, integrity and accountability attitude with ability to maintain independence, autonomy and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel and demonstrated maturity to work effectively with multi-cultural and country specific circumstances and with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Courage and conviction to hold others accountable to policy and process standards when doing so will make you unpopular.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, minimum at experienced level; Preferred with knowledge in Microsoft Powerapps, Microsoft Power Automate (Flow) and Microsoft PowerBI.