Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
With an ambitious long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on the Finance function to thrive in its mission to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. Our consumers are demanding more, growing the complexity of our business models and need to move faster with greater precision. Nike’s Finance & Strategy function is on a journey to transform and is strategically investing in tools and improving capabilities that allow us to evolve with the Consumer Direct Acceleration. Nike Direct has identified and communicated as the largest driver of Nike growth and continues to be the largest opportunity. Counter to strategy, the Direct business has been the most underserved for the value being delivered. We want to change that! The Finance Business Intelligence Team’s accelerated mission in partnership with the Strategic Enterprise Capabilities program is to reinvent reporting and analytics capabilities globally. Insights into Nike’s direct business are vital to continue to move Nike forward, and we need a leader that can bring these insights to life.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a leader to partner with technology to re-invent and expose the data used by Nike Direct teams and business leaders to unlock insights into Nike spend. The ideal candidate has both analytics and finance acumen and product owner experience leading large-scale agile initiatives, ideally with Global or Geo Nike Direct experience. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are excited by the challenge of bringing complex, massive data to light in a way that is simple for Finance partners. Your knowledge, passion and experience help prioritize, influence, overcome blockers and guide the work of others on the extended team. You are comfortable translating to both Finance executives and Technology leadership. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others. Your teams' success is your success, and you actively seek out opportunities to be a good partner across the organization!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
- Define, prioritize and communicate the vision and roadmap across Finance, SEC and other functions; ensure alignment to company, functional and technology strategies
- Provide oversight of strategy, technical, and transition management aspects
- Ensure teams have the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to build valuable solutions
- Assess the business impact of different solutions, the trade-offs between various customer needs, technology requirements and costs then prioritize and execute based on those variables in a constantly evolving environment
- Define and analyze metrics to measure success of deliverables and communicate performance, time to market, quality, and other results
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will engage with Global and Geography Finance partners, including Revenue and Margin Management, Business Planning, Global Operations Technology, Nike Direct, Product and Merchandising and Innovation. You will work closely with Enterprise Data & Analytics, including a dedicated squad of business systems analysts, data engineers, architects and other technology specialists both on and off-shore. You will partner with other Finance Business Intelligence leaders to integrate governance, data management, reporting and analytics best practices into Finance data products as well as with initiative leads and other SEC program management to understand and manage dependencies across investments
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO NIKE?
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or Finance
- MBA and/or advanced degree preferred but not required
- 8+ years in data product management, reporting or analytics
- Experience in leading teams of product managers, data analysts, engineering, and scrum/project managers
- Experience in data warehousing, dimensional modeling and standard methodologies with regard to data management, ETL, API integrations, and data governance
- Finance experience within a large corporation preferred
- Strategic attitude with ability to question the status quo, see opportunities, define and lead change
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and principles such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, and XP Programming and how they’re applied in workplace culture
- Strong project management capabilities to lead multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way
- Passion for data and governance with proven ability to use data to tell a story and influence decision making
- Knowledge of finance principles and focus on measurable business impact
- Demonstrable ability to foster collaboration across a large organization, encourage confidence, and empower groups to collectively meet common objectives.
- Desired Toolset: SAP, SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Amazon Web Services, Snowflake