Over 108,000. That’s how many US patients our oncology products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
The FFO Incentive Comp Operations role is responsible for all components of incentive compensation operations for the US Oncology Organization. In addition, he/she will collaborate with FFO Analytics, Data Strategy and Services (DSS), HR, Finance and NVS Hyderabad to implement timely and accurate calculation, administration, delivery of monthly IC reports, trimester IC payouts, contests and the annual award program.
• Drive cross-functional collaboration with Sales Leadership, Marketing, Finance, Field Communication and HR as it pertains to Incentive Compensation Plan & Award processing
• Coordinate with Sales Leadership on the development of trimester IC Playbooks & Award Program decks and assist in translating IC plan designs into Plan Parameter Documents (PPDs) to facilitate accurate IC calculations and processing of key IC business rules. Modify / update IC admin system based upon IC design
• Lead collection, review and implementation of: IC adjustments, Principle of Fairness submissions, hierarchy/IC “rollup” information, MBOs, HR Progressions & Appeals process with HR, Set up eligibility rules and IC calculators for the field
• Collaborate with Finance to ensure that monthly sales force performance/payout summaries support requirements for the monthly financial accrual process
• Develop and manage timelines with the NVS Hyderabad team to execute IC processing each month, coordinate and connect with all parties/departments who could have an impact on the timeline. Liaison to NVS Hyderabad resources and all other HQ internal partners.
• Own accurate implementation of IC payout each trimester. Awards processing and leave of absence (LOA) processing
• Build and maintain written documentation of Incentives SOPs and Policies & Procedures, and ensure all deliverables and processing are aligned with E&C and Legal standards (i.e. Programmatic Relief, State labor codes)
• Provide strategic guidance to the FFO team on how different IC designs will be implemented in existing systems, and/or develop new & innovative solutions to meet business needs. Lead and drive implementation of new improvements and changes that will benefit all business units
• Develop and ensure compliant and flexible results to empower behaviors to support portfolio selling, team selling, account selling, launches and to drive brand strategy and evolving sophisticated selling model
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, Operations Research, Finance, or MBA) preferred.
• Eye For Business - ability to “connect dots” and generate insights/recognize multiple points of impact as a result of implementing change
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical Field Force Operations with minimum of 2 years of Incentive Compensation experience within Pharmaceutical Sales/Sales Management is preferred
• Expertise with Oncology Specialty Pharmacy, Symphony and IQVIA data is required
• Strong expertise in the use of analytical tools like SAS, Cognos and adept at using Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays and the potential flexible working arrangements
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touch in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to un-leash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.