Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, Novartis, Italy
To lead, plan and coordinate financial processes related to Transplant area of business (part of IHD Franchise) amounting to 112M$ of Sales and about 6M$ of M&S. He/she will support the area of business in the definition of Financial Strategic Plan being always aligned with Global and Region team. In addition to the above, she/he has full responsibility of strategically support, plan and analyse investments and expenses of departments that falls under G&A, OIE, QA, W&D & PM categories of which investments amount approx. to 25-27m$. The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will play a crucial role performing the consolidation process of budgeting, forecasting, and analysis that support major CPO financial decisions. In this role, she/he will utilize both quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate the company’s progress toward achieving its goal and map out future goals and plans. She/he will also interact with her/his manager to prepare all the reports needed to support the CCFO in defining and implementing Corporate Finance Strategy across country including preparation of Annual Finance Strategy Meeting other than recurring PLT and CLT meetings.
• Define with Transplant Heads and Functional area assigned (“The Business”), Strategic Plan and Strategic Targets, collaborating with relevant management to drive “The Business” performance and strategic objectives. Conduct “The Business” Finance governance, i.e. set the tone for good financial practices.
• Being an active member of the Pharma Finance Team, act as a trade union between Local and Region team dedicated to the consolidation process, answering and providing support and explanation to NVS Pharma company P&L variances (Actuals vs Forecasts)
• Lead one financial plan and support colleagues to assure quality input for the other processes. Ensure no surprise by providing transparency and managing business risks and opportunities
• Support her/his manager and the CCFO in the formulation of business and forecast plans. Fully understand key business issues and cost drivers, including headcount and proposed capital/revenue expenditure that feed those plans.
• Provide support to key cross-functional team, also preparing and evaluating monthly reporting package to Management and main stakeholders.
• Challenge budgets and projects within given assumptions and maintain valid financial plans. This requires that options and risks are identified and that action is taken to deliver against targets.
• Produce management reports, satisfy those requirements to agreed deadlines and motivate management partners to show equal commitment to those deadlines.
• Contribute towards streamlining BP&A processes using BPC - Automation – Identifying areas for automation and drive enhancements.
• Has a strong focus on accuracy and timeliness through continuous monitoring and measurement, process improvement and sharing/learning from best practices.
• Act as “backup” to the Franchise Finance head responsible for Management Cash Flow process and activities.
• Support Tax department in the preparation of all the documentation needed to finalize and implement TP documentation.
• Provide strong support and lead the BPA team during the consolidation process, with high quality and integrity of data, and align the team to the expected results and future financial goals through weekly and/or ad hoc meetings
• Coordinate and manage the person located to Hyderabad in support of Italy Country
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree in economics, business administration or related field. Advanced degree in business administration (MBA), CPA, economics or related field preferred
• Country specific. English fluent, additional language a plus.
• Minimum 7+ yrs financial and/or operational experience in a Pharma Company
• Minimum 3+ yrs financial and/or operational experience in one of the Big-Four audit/financial services Company (i.e Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y..)
• Minimum 1+ yrs of international exposure (capable of understanding Country and Region/PH HQ dynamics)
• Experience and good feeling of Management Cash Flow (MCF) process and analytics
• Experience and skills in partnering with FRA/Accounting
• Business controlling within a multinational company: oExperience from working in a complex matrix organization oUsed to converting decisions into targets & implement follow up of these targets oUsed to the strict reporting time-tables in listed companies
• Expertise on business process modelling/re-engineering
• Result focus with high integrity
• Capacity to work under pressure
• Passion for the business side beyond pure finance perspective
• Good internal control background