• Identifies opportunities to improve provider strategy, inclusive of Logistics Provider performance, market trends, and demand shifts in the marketplace.
• Builds and maintains relationship with 3PL Providers and serves as a single point of contact.
• Meets regularly with 3PL partners to discuss forecasts and capacity information to improve planning.
• Negotiates contract amendments to support new ventures and/or adjustments to existing services.
• Analyzes Logistics Providers performance; develops and monitors performance improvement plans. Enforces service requirements for compliance to contractual obligations.
• Conducts formal 3PL business reviews, and makes relationship decisions as appropriate.
• Engages with relevant stakeholders, as needed, for the engagement or release of 3PL Providers.
• Serves as a point of escalation for operational issues with 3PL Providers.
• Defines and executes negotiation strategy and contracts to create a sustainable partnership with 3PL Providers.
• Procures capacity for special projects, approves spot rates.
• Develops and negotiates contract language and terms with service providers in partnership with local and region procurement.
• Audits W&D suppliers.
• Any other duties or projects as requested by Line Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience.
Education: Higher education, degree in science or a business relevant field, university degree or MBA preferred.
Languages: Fluency in English (verbal & written).
Experience: • At least 3 years of experience as a Logistics Manager or Warehouse Manager in a WMS environment (preferably SAP).
• Excellent knowledge of Business Processes within the medical device industry, especially regulatory controlled processes within Warehouse & Distribution.
• Knowledge of change management.
• Advanced Microsoft Office.