The Manager NBS has a key Finance role in partnering with NTO Finance Leadership team and the Head BPA on the charges that are assigned from the NBS to the NTO functions. The Manager will contribute to the overall corporate reporting of the NTO Finance financial position in relation to the NBS charges and the reasons behind the more substantial variations to plan. The member will closely work with budget holders in the preparation of latest forecasts, future year targets and the strategic plan.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• As an NTO BPA, improves the impact and understanding of business performance on the charges from NBS.
• Being a business partner to the platforms & functions heads and supporting them on need based analysis on the various charges & the allocation methodology.
• Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior stakeholders and their teams
• Consolidates the charges on a monthly basis that hit the NTO Global BPA from NBS and summarizing the performance to date and providing explanations of key variances.
• Ensures transparency for the recharges across the NTO platforms and Global functions through a true and fair financial evaluation & ensuring strong quality control
• To investigate and report on significant variances, identifying any remedial action that needs to be taken.
• To lead the monthly, quarterly and yearly forecast process in line with the organizations’ deadlines as well as transparent Risks & Opportunities analysis.
• To assist in the preparation of future year targets taking into account relevant activity data, and working with Service Managers to forecasts /budgetary submissions.
• Drives the strategic planning process by defining and driving the agenda on the NBS charges to NTO for the 5-year horizon and its financial details for the Strat Plan.
• Create, implement and maintain comprehensive policy documents and procedures relating to the NBS charges to NTO, to improve clarity and consistency
• Performs continuous assessment of the reporting & planning process and look at improvements by suggesting best practices.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Chartered Accountant, equivalent degree or MBA in Finance from renowned business school English 8 – 10 years’ experience in financial management ideally in a Pharmaceutical Industry -Excellent reporting, analytical, & communication skills -Experience of interacting / operating with senior leadership & an ability to influence decision making would be critical
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.