The Senior Manager Divisional Strategy will primary responsible of the role is to lead strategic business projects for Novartis Group, the CEO and the Executive Committee (ECN), with the aim of maximizing economic value and securing future competitive advantage. The person in this senior role will be responsible for managing a small portfolio of the flagship projects, ensuring they deliver business results, and building a lasting capability in the in-country teams to continue to deliver these projects going forward.
You will be responsible but not limited to:
• Lead annual Strategic Review process for Sandoz, ensuring timelines/key milestones are successfully met, all information populated and built up to reflect overall growth story of Sandoz
• Manage communication with senior executives within Sandoz and with other divisions and Group as well
• Support strategic projects that have high financial or strategic impact. Mostly, these projects will have no natural owner in any region or function. Therefore, the manager will be a key contributor with limited oversight from his/her superiors. Most projects will be sponsored by the CEO of Sandoz and/or Sandoz Executive Leadership mem-bers and experience in interacting with senior leadership is a must-have
• Identify and assess major business opportunities (internal and external) with potential for major impact on Sandoz´ 5-year and 10-year growth and profitability. Provide fi-nancial and strategic insights, and contribute to long term forecasting and strategic planning, e.g., by market research, gathering information from within Sandoz and public sources, creating comprehensive business cases
• Own project results and work across global functions to ensure projects progress ac-cording to plan and drive toward significant, tangible business results. Manage central market database and knowledge portal, including development / upgrade of system, ensuring data accuracy (esp. generic market definition), and ease-of-use for perform-ing key analysis. Perform ad-hoc analysis at the request of Director, Divisional Strat-egy & BI or the Head of Global Strategy
• Advanced degree such as MBA, MD, or PhD
• Excellent proficiency in English and one additional European language
• Deep knowledge of the Generics industry
• Minimum of 4+ years’ experience at a top consulting firm or entrepreneurship, supplemented by 3+ work experience in a generics industry in commercial or portfolio roles
• Extensive project and program management experience in strategic commercial projects in pharmaceutical industry
• Track record of strong business impact
• Capability to lead without formal authority
• Ability to reduce complexity into strategy decision recommendations
• Excellent analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving), able to handle complex analyses
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!