We are looking for a COO to join our leadership team
The Chief Operating Officer will be a key member of the leadership team, a thought partner to the company’s founder, and help make our mission a reality. The Chief Operating Officer needs to ensure Savannah Brands grows sustainably. They will solidify the backbone of this company through strategic planning and operational management across the full supply chain. We are looking for a leader who has experience working in high-growth, fast-paced environments, and is driven to build Africa’s most exciting beverage company.
The position is based in Kenya
• Assist CEO with strategic planning (annual, 3Y and 5Y BP) and help lead organizational planning and supporting of function heads
• Lead SBs operations strategy, processes, and structure -- including all parts of the end-to-end operation from procurement through production.
• Think with ‘Originality’ in operations to trial innovative models to help unlock our growth pillars
• Guide, mentor and develop a high performing, proactive operations team, aligned to our company culture. Currently an operations team of 20 people (incl. casuals), this team will see significant growth over the next 5 years.
• Build and implement our sourcing strategy, including:
i. Building our fruit / real ingredient value chain to protect and build our brand DNA
ii. Leverage our increasing buying power to improve our credit days and pricing with suppliers
iii. Optimise SNOP processes to best manage risk, improve JIT purchasing and reduce OOS
• Build and implement our logistics strategy, including:
i. To step change our RTM growth potential with an innovative logistics model
ii. Facilitation our trial export plans
• Warehousing processes and controls to limit inventory leakage
• Overseeing the Head of Manufacturing to optimise processes and reduce waste
• Build and lead the implementation of SOPs across the company
• Measure operational metrics and KPIs and build a data-driven culture of high performance, accountability, quality, and workplace safety in operations
• Lead the management of the BI platform to ensure we have timely and relevant data insights for the team
5. Corporate Governance & Compliance programs:
• Lead on managing the companies licensing
• Oversee Corporate Governance & Compliance programs, policies, procedures, and projects.