Siemens Industry Inc., Rail Systems, is looking for a Deputy Project Manager to work in our Bogie department in Sacramento, CA. The incumbent might have the opportunity to work on a variety of Bogie projects for Light Rails, Streetcars, Metros, Locomotives and Passenger Coaches for customers within North-America and also internationally with our headquarters in Germany and Austria.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the project teams (consisting of Engineering, Procurement, Production and Quality-Management) to ensure a smooth workflow and project execution to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Focus on change management during design, procurement, production, service and warranty phases of projects.
• Facilitating execution of continuous improvement plans.
• Assisting the project Manager with schedule, budget, risk, opportunity and resource allocation management.
• Assisting the project Manager with performing an active role interfacing with the client and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction, this includes working on change orders, claims and warranty work.
• Supporting the project manager by providing progress reports to the management on a regular basis.