Sr Director, Product Management - Financial Products (CONFIDENTIAL)
San Francisco, California |
Seattle, Washington |
New York, New York
About the Role
The Uber Financial Products & Payments team is looking for a Sr. Director of Product. Building and operationalizing market leading financial products is foundational to Uber's success. This is a high impact, executive leadership role, working cross functionally across all business lines to set the vision, and move quickly to clear obstacles for teams to build, test and learn.
You will own and drive the roadmap, leading a team of product leaders and product managers, for building the most engaging and compelling commerce experiences for our drivers, riders, couriers and eaters. With our unique and scalable technology stack, you will launch competitive differentiators that will grow Uber as the preferred platform of choice for our customers. You will lead with deep customer empathy, and rely on data and user research to make informed decisions with solid product instincts.
What You'll Do
* Help set the vision for Financial & Payments Products across Uber
* Lead a Product team focused on world-class commerce across mobility and delivery
* Formulate a long and short-term strategy, based on deep user insights and a strong
understanding of current and evolving financial products that leverage technology to create a magical user experience
* Develop relationships with external partners, lines of businesses, regional leaders and make strategic trade-offs informed by data that balances risk and growth objectives
* Collaborate and partner with Engineering, Applied Science, and Product Design teams to create a roadmap and drive execution across the organization
* Anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent us from delivering on operational, product and program objectives
* Effectively present and communicate strategy, implementation and growth plans to various stakeholders ranging from business audiences to senior leadership
* Build and lead a high performing team
What You'll Need
* Minimum 10 years relevant work experience in commerce, financial services, fintech, payments, or tech
* Minimum 5 years executive leadership experience
Bonus Points If
* Broad experience building and leading product teams, ideally in a complex, global, rapidly evolving regulatory environment
* Deep knowledge of commerce and financial products
* Experience leading and elevating outstanding management, ideally at a technology company
* Consistent track record of linking product development issues to broader business and operational goals, dealing with complex projects and meeting conflicting prioritization and resourcing demands
* A strategic, forward looking problem solver with a participatory management style and team building skills, who can act quickly and decisively when required
* Ability to drive and empower multi-functional teams while excelling and thriving in a fast-paced, fluid, collaborative environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in describing product management concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
* Possess a passion for excellence with the ability to inspire others to the highest standards through leading by example
* Diverse experience, working in rapidly evolving start-ups as well as complex, large scale companies
* Committed to attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds, while cultivating the power of a diverse organization
* Impeccable judgment, integrity, and ability to set an ethical example
* Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in a technical field
* English fluency
About the Team
Financial Products & Payments is a core function and critical enabler of Uber, building world class commerce products that support the hypergrowth of urban mobility and delivery across 70+ countries. Our team focuses on bringing magical user experiences to life, through innovative technology, while facilitating the movement of billions of dollars between our spenders and earners daily. Some of the brightest product, operations leaders, data scientists, designers, engineers, and marketers in the industry are here to build amazing products on top of leading-edge platforms for data, machine learning, and experimentation.
The products we build and operationalize are used cumulatively by millions of riders, drivers, couriers, eaters, restaurants, merchants and others to earn money for their families, and get around faster, easier, cheaper, and with a positive environmental impact.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $311,000 per year - $345,500 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $311,000 per year - $345,500 per year.
For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $311,000 per year - $345,500 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://wxx.xxxx.xxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.