Large Format Operations and Quality Director
Large Format Printing business is evolving and looking for more opportunities to grow. We are investing in strategic segments, to provide E2E solutions and Applications to our end users with additional value which will differentiate us from our competitors; and we are exploring new customer segments where we can transform and disrupt the current customer experience with innovative, step-function value added solutions.
As a key role to deploy this strategy, the Large Format Director of Operations and Quality leads a highly talented team of NPD Quality Team focused on the E2E quality of the new programs; and a focused, leading-edge industrialization team to ensure that our programs achieve our availability, cost, quality objectives.
The role will require superior negotiation and influencing skills towards both ends - GBU internal partners as R&D, Product, Customer Assurance & Services; and external partners as WW Ops teams for printer manufacturing, ISO / MTO for supplies / printheads design and production; DP&A for product cost reduction and AoS projects. He / She must demonstrate operations & quality acumen; business acumen; excellence in communication; able to work both at worldwide and Regional level.
It is a fantastic opportunity for a senior manager willing to contribute to the LF business in staff position to defend our quality promise, crucial for our value proposition, and to drive the efficiencies required to keep improving our profitability levels - sustaining our position as one of the most profitable businesses in HP.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead a team of +100 highly skilled engineers in the disciplines of NPD Quality and Operations Industrialization, increasing the engagement and developing the talent of the future for LF and HP.
* Be responsible of the final Quality delivery of the NPD programs, ensuring that new products exceed customer expectations. Define and lead the implementation of the Quality Strategy taking into account the strategic vectors of transform / disrupt for the Business. Manage the Quality Budget (Opex) of about 20M$
* Manage the budget of MOH for LF of about $18M, ensuring that we met guidance on a quarterly basis and year-end exit. Take decisions on the management of internal HC, outsourced services, and program spent to deliver the goals of the business, both on NPD programs and current products.
* Coordinate with Customer Assurance the Product Improvement plans once the R&D program ends, ensuring that our products in "mature production" improve YoY both in cost, quality and availability.
* Partner with WW Ops to ensure that we have the optimal manufacturing strategy for LF (hardware) and with ISO for the supplies manufacturing strategy.
* Coordinate the COS view for the LTP exercises with the inputs from WW Ops, ISO, etc. Ensure that the bottoms up analysis for Budget is ready on time, improving our cost structure YoY.
* Collaborate across Print to leverage assets, capabilities and infrastructure to better optimize our LF cost structure.
Bachelor's (or upper) Degree in Engineering / Business Administration discipline with:
* Solid Technical Background: +10 years of experience in Product Development or Operations or Business roles with proven understanding of processes, roles and objectives for NPD and Operations.
* Demonstrated Leadership Skills: able to manage cross-discipline, highly experienced teams, highly motivated towards results.
* Strong analytical skills: Proficient in translating analysis into strategies.
* Visionary - be able to imagine the future of the function, and to define how to reach to that vision
* Strong Negotiation and Influencing skills: able to build solid network of partners / teammates. Able to build up a strong reputation and become a trusted partner.
* Excellent Communication: Clear and concise communication at different levels, upwards to GM and VPs, and downwards to the own team. Able to integrate different, geographically remote organizations by actively listening all parties to make tradeoff decisions. Make over-communication a shared team value to ensure that all relevant information is shared across.
* Be able to build up strong partnership based on trust & respect
* Drive to deliver results - and to remove inefficiency out of the system.
* Customer-centric mindset, being able to make difficult decisions to prioritize customer experience and quality perception
* Driver of change, ability to convince with rigor and facts and be the role model to drive new behaviors at all organizational levels.
* High motivation, entrepreneurship, and results oriented attitude
* Being able to understand and manage product technical details, specifications, value proposition, technology roadmaps, quality disciplines, manufacturing strategy for cost, resilience, availability and quality.
* Fluent in spoken and written English
* Experience in R&D and Operations Engineering roles
* Experience in Marketing functions
* Experience in Partner Management
* Demonstrated effectiveness in influencing, negotiation
Schedule -Full time
Shift -No shift premium (Spain)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities