What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Key responsibilities and tasks
- The General Business Sales Executive is responsible for focusing on complex sales engagements which are mainly partner-driven in the GB-segment. The GBSE may be specialized on industry or solutions based on the MU-market; he/she is working in conjunction with (i)PBMs and ISEs. The GBSE covers opportunities in partner- / SAP-accounts above a specific revenue threshold defined in the GTM-setup of the MU/Region. The objective is to coach the partner-sales teams on building a productive pipeline as well as maximizing the revenue via active engagements on selected opportunities.
- Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development > Aligns with PBMs on Partner Business Planning for the territory covered; Identifies potential partners to recruit to meet capacity requirements in collaboration with respective Channel Recruiting expert. Builds business case to present partner value proposition (including economic value prop) > Responsible for creation, monitoring and review of Business Development activities around his/her solution- or industry- specialization area. Executes innovative approaches to generate business and executes either directly or via the team Participates and actions taking on responsibility for KPI achievement
- Supervises coaching of partner sales reps to interact with prospects in large or complex SW deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution as supported by ROI, business case development, references, and supporting analyst data. Takes on responsibility for a high conversion rate between pipeline to deal closure, Shortening of the sales process and improvement of win rate in order to achieve real volume business. Be an expert on the competition with their assigned industry and/or geography. Understand competitive threats (e.g., how to beat the competition).
- Drives deal closure in respective territories, especially with regard to participation of new partners that had no business with SAP in the territory before (even though they might be existing SAP partners).
- Enabling the partner to independently drive business with the following resources: > Partner demand generation plan to build a business pipeline > partner competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content, > partner resource utilization plan so partners have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies > presales coaching plan for existing and new partners > Generally will be focused on volume segment and ensure alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Business Managers, Inside Partner Business Managers) and Inside Sales based on key channel economics. Where available will act in strong interrelationship / be co-located with similarly specialized sales roles (e g specialized AEs in Enterprise segment in regional centers of Expertise) > Monitors the effective and appropriate use of SAP assets (i.e., Presales).
- Guides the reporting on sales progress throughout the year; identification of deviations from plans agreed and actively engaging in measures to deliver goals agreed to.
- Leadership / People Development > Leads and ensures measurable team results. > Ensures that targets for individual team members are carefully adjusted to industry and solution potential. > Ensures professional development by providing on the job coaching and access to SAP sales readiness offerings (e.g., trainings), resulting in high employee satisfaction and increased sales readiness for all individuals in his/her area of expertise (solid and dotted line). > Manages productivity of all team members. > Provides active coaching to improve performance. > Initiates recruiting and drives evaluation process of new team members in the light of coverage needs. Additional Information As a people manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Profound knowledge in one or in several solution areas such as e.g. LoB, Mobility, In-Memory, ByDesign, BA&T, B One, BAiO or in a certain industry
- Minimum 10 years experience in sales at least 2 in sales management (Direct Sales and Channel Sales)
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Understanding the principles of solution selling through and with Partners
- Min 3 - 5 years successful people management experience
- Industry Expertise
- Ability to create and deliver on strategic plans > Local market knowledge and understanding > Knowledge of ERP market
- Business level English: yes
- Spanish & English fluent
- Experience in SME/Volume territory Business
- Local market knowledge and understanding
- Bachelor equivalent: yes > Master equivalent: yes > MBA
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Requisition ID:292481 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Management | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: